Kingery family pics and happenings....

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

On the Warpath..oops, excuse my politcal incorectness

So, there is an article in last nights paper regarding the brewha over indian and indian related nicknames used by Indiana high schools. Seems the NCAA has is requiring teams to remove said nicknames or logos from team, cheerleader and band uniforms in postseason tournaments. My my my..how overly sensitive we have become. Next, we will have the PETA people claiming that using animal names and likenesses is contributing to the subordination of our fellow mammals.
My mother in law told me last night that the news reported the new anti-smoking stance adopted by the Westin hotel chain. No smoking allowed in any areas.
I guess if I stay there and want to smoke..I will have to go outside...and around the corner. I better bundle up. I will wear my Redskins sweatshirt, topped by my rabbit fur coat. Hmmm.........
Did you ever see the two lists of character traits that describe two historically famous world leaders? One list contained these attributes: teetotaler, nonsmoker,non swearing, etc. The other these: heavy drinker, smoker, gambler, etc. The two world leaders were HITLER and CHURCHILL...
Oh, by the way,,,INDIANA means "land of the indians"
HA HA HA>>> guess we will have to rethink that ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Teresa can attest to the fact that there was MEAT....and so many other good things to eat! Which I think most of us did to the point of gluttony...it was a wonderful time!

2:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home